I'm Antti, a freelance software engineer from Finland, methodically exploring and experimenting as I go, living a nomadic life.
I'm passionate about programming and personal development. At the moment I'm likely working with my mind maps or building software tools for thinking and learning.
The web is my platform.
I've been experimenting with a range of technologies to create software for the web. Besides helping me think and learn — and paying my bills — it enabled me to explore the world.
ProjectsWhat I'm up to at the moment...
Mind on MapsNavigate your thoughts methodically with digital mind maps.
I've been using digital mind maps as my daily go-to cognitive tool for over 10 years now. During those years I've moved from a collection of a dozen scattered maps to a connected system spanning hundreds of them. I wrote a book about my experience.https://mindonmaps.com
AnywhereismA journey as digital nomads. Me and my wife have been working 99% online and living out of our backpacks since January 2013. We occasionally write updates about our travels. As of beginning of 2017, we're setting up a base in Finland and slowing down a bit, welcoming a third member to our family. http://www.anywhereism.net
Do you have a software project that would use the help of an experienced full-stack developer in the team? I'm available for part-time, remote contract work. Our company.http://www.anywheris.com
CognitoolsTools and prototypes for computer assisted thinking and learning. Computers enable us to think in ways that we naturally can't and make many other thought processes much easier. Mind maps are one way to extend our cognitive capabilities but they only solve a specific set of problems. These kinds of tools are something I love to work on whenever I have the time.
- Socrateaser — Guided thinking using predefined question sets. Avoid context switching and use cognitive off-loading to facilitate repeating thinking tasks.
- Valuesorter — (Bubble) Sort out a list of thoughts. Simple, guided sorting algorithm to help in prioritizing things, using pairwise comparisons.
- Synapticle — Tickle your brain with information, reinforce your memory, collide ideas.
- Numbervision — Trainer for visual acuity and working memory. Android app in Play Store.
In the blog I time to time write (only in Finnish for now) about what I've learned on the way.
- Blogialustaksi Elixir / Phoenix 2017-09-19
- Freemind-miellekartasto visualisoituna 2017-09-14
- Kirjan taittaminen: LyX, LaTeX, Calibre 2016-09-26